Hello world!

March 10, 2011 Letters to the Editor:

For the sake of a job we are willing to eat baloney.

Yes, the United States has created great wealth as a nation. Exploiting its own resources and doubling its proportional share of the entire planet, the U.S. dominates the world economy. But before we pat ourselves on the back, we need to recognize that the great U.S. wealth is not shared by the U.S. population. This enormous wealth is owned and operated, lock stock and barrel, by less than 2% of the nation.  It is an insidious colossal myth that the prosperity of U.S. wealth is shared by all it citizens. Imagine U.S. wealth as a stack of ten chips on a card table. The wealthy grab nine of the ten chips and say they need these to create jobs. Then they tell the rest of the public to feel proud that they have a job and should be thankful that they can share the one remaining chip of wealth among themselves. To make things worse, the wealthy 2% use their wealth to create a business climate where the other 98% must claw their way to get a share of the measly last chip and then try not to feel bad about the tough break inflicted on their less successful neighbors.  The wealthy 2% use their money to delude the public into believing that wealth make jobs when it is workers who make wealth.  No company can exist without workers.  No company can make a profit without workers.  No company can succeed without workers.  Workers create products and profits; more than three quarters of the Gross National Product each and every year. The best idea in business is worthless without workers to make it, sell it and buy it.  For the sake of a job we are willing to eat baloney. Richard M. Dorsey, Hacienda Heights, CA

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s